Once the CB has reviewed the registration, they will change the status to one of the following:
There is no separate tab for apprentices that are registered as they are found under the Apprentices tab and you will be able to see the status Registered under the status column.
THIS STATUS IS NOT USED BY ALL CBs
Where it is used, it means that the CB is satisfied that the record meets the registration requirements however they require payment before registering the apprentice. Until payment is made the apprentice will not be officially registered on the MA. Please contact the CB for information on payment.
This status means that the CB is not satisfied that the submitted record meets the registration requirements. If the CB has rejected the registration they should leave a comment as to why the registrations has been rejected that will be added to the apprentice’s record under the status tab. You will need to complete any corrective action in before updating the status to pending registration.
There are two ways to add an apprentice – one at a time using the form or a bulk upload via a CSV file.
- Once you have selected Add Apprentice a blank record will appear ready for you to complete the information within the four tabs:
— Basic Information
— Employer Details
- Once all of the mandatory fields have been completed (these are marked with a * ) select Create Item. If there are any mandatory errors, the system will highlight these in red.
- All fields marked with an * are mandatory and need to be completed before clicking ‘Create Item’.
Under the Framework tab there are several rows that are yellow. These rows are mandatory for certification however when adding an apprentice you will need to leave these blank until the record has been created. Otherwise the information that you enter will be lost.
Once you have created the record two new tabs will appear:
This tab shows the Status of the Apprentice. When you add an Apprentice it will automatically be given either the status Pending Registration or Registered (this will be dependent upon the process used by the CB).
The MA Framework and components selected will determine which evidence is required for certification.
When you get to the framework tab there are several fields that need to be completed, some of which need to be completed prior to creating the record:
During the adding an apprentice stage you are required to completed the fields below prior to selecting the Create item button.
– Framework level
– Pathway Code & Name
It is important that the framework details are correct for the MA you are registering the apprentice for so the right components are displayed.
Once these details have been entered and the other tabs are complete you will need to select the Yellow Create item Button.
There are 4 rows that are within the framework tab that are mandatory for certification but can only be completed once the record has been created, if completed prior to this the information will be lost.
– Framework Core Skills
By clicking on each row they will reveal a drop down for you to enter the appropriate information.
Clicking on each of the yellow rows will reveal a drop down that needs to be completed once you have created the record and prior to certification (click again to close the drop down).
Within this drop down the mandatory and optional units are listed. You will not be able to amend the mandatory units as these are set based on the framework and pathway selected. However you will need to select the optional units that are to be completed/have been completed by the apprentice.
Some MA frameworks have a list of mandatory and additional enhancements and you must select the enhancement that the apprentice will be working towards/has completed.
Within some MA frameworks there is a list of outcomes that need to be achieved. You will need to indicate here the outcome that the apprentice will be working towards/has completed.
• FRAMEWORK CORE SKILLS
There are 5 Workplace Core Skills that are required by all MA frameworks. You will need to indicate here what level has been completed by the apprentice and the value of SCQF credits. If the apprentice already has any of the Core Skills it is recommended that they work towards the next level.
The Bulk Upload facility allows you to add multiple apprentices at once, auto-filling the apprentice and employer details.
There are two file types available, a CSV or Excel file (if you need to use the CSV file please contact email@example.com).
For more detailed guidance please refer to the training manual for Bulk Uploads.
Once the file has been loaded to MA Online 2 you will need to enter the framework details for each apprentice.
The Certificate Evidence tab provides a list of all the evidence required for registration and certification. Some CBs require to have the MA Training Agreement (this can be found within all frameworks) loaded onto MA Online 2 at registration, some may require the agreement at certification. You will need to contact the individual CBs for their process.
The list of requirements is determined by the framework details selected under the framework tab and are fixed.
To upload evidence you will first need to scan the evidence separately onto your computer/system. Once you have all the scanned evidence select the Browse/Choose File button. This will open a new window and show you your accessible files, select the file that you would like to upload to MA Online 2 and click the open button. This will add the file path to the field on MA Online 2 and you need to select the upload button. Once the file has been uploaded you will be able to see the file name in the File column. You can delete files by selecting the red cross.
Once you have uploaded all the required evidence select the Update Item button at the bottom of the page.
The maximum file size is 2MB. If the file is larger than 2MB, please rescan and save at a lower quality or different file type.
The Pending Registration tab will be displayed if your centre has been set-up to use Pending Registration.
If the registration part of the system is used then all apprentices will start off as Pending Registration until the CB updates the status.
CBs will process the apprentices in the Pending Registration tab and either process or reject the registration request. If it is rejected the record will move to the Rejected Registration tab, you will then need to complete any corrective action and resubmit the record to Pending Registration.
MA Online stores the history of the apprentice within the status tab. Each time the status of the apprentice is updated a note will be added to the status record.
• To view the status history you will need to open up an apprentices record, go to the status tab and select the last entry in yellow. This will reveal a drop down so that you can view any comments left and also add comments of your own in the comments box.
• Please note that if you do wish to leave a comment, once you have entered the text in the box, select the Add Comment Button which will save the comment.
The Apprentice Tab allows you to search for and view all Apprentices undertaking an Apprenticeship within your training facility.
There are a variety of search options, using both text and drop down menus. This allows you to set the required search criteria. You can search by:
— Ref No. (ACW No. or NI No.)
— Date of Birth (from/to)
— Registration Date (from/to)
— Certification Date (from/to)
• When you have set your required search criteria click the Search Button.
• Or click the Magnifying Glass to reveal the Find option. The drop down menu allows you to search by:
— NI Number
• Once you have entered your search criteria you must then press the enter key to initiate the search.
• To navigate between pages you can use the blue arrow keys or type in the white box area to specify a page.
• The Displaying information text shows how many items there are in total and what page is showing.
Centres can only edit candidate details when candidates are at Entered or Rejected.
To request any changes at other status’ and for certificate re-prints please contact your Certification Body.
If there are queries raised by either the Centre or Certification Body regarding certain pieces of evidence FISSS have the final say.
FISSS will look at the evidence on the system and if accepted will add a note under the individual evidence to provide clarity on why the evidence has been accepted and this will be locked so that the Centre is unable to amend the evidence once accepted. This could happen prior to the Certification Body reviewing the evidence but you will be able to see the comment added by the FISSS.
• Once you have uploaded all evidence, go to the Status tab and change the status to Pending Certification. This will open a validation box where you can check:
— Mandatory fields have been completed.
— All evidence has been uploaded.
— Completion date has been entered.
— Any missing information will be highlighted in red.
(This tab is NOT used by all Bodies)
• The number in brackets on the tab indicates the number of Apprentices that are currently in this category.
• Where it is in use, it shows the list of Apprentices that have had their uploaded evidence checked and approved and that everything is in order. However, payment for the certificate has not yet been received. Until payment is received, the Apprentice status will not be updated to Certificate Authorised, enabling the certificate to be printed.
• Please contact the Certifying Body for their payment process to find out if this tab is used.
(also referred to as Pending Certification)
• The Awaiting Certification Tab allows you to view all of the Apprentices that are awaiting certification. The number in brackets on the tab indicates the number of Apprentices that are currently in this category.
Apprentice shows as “Pending Certification” on MA Online 2. This is the same as “Awaiting Certification”.
Once the CB has reviewed the submission, they will change the status to one of the following:
• CERTIFICATE AUTHORISED
This means that the CB is satisfied that all of the components within the Modern Apprenticeship Certificate claim have been successfully completed by the apprentice. The certificate is now ready to print, once the certificate has been printed the apprentice record will be removed from this tab and the status will say certificate printed. Some CBs will require payment to be made before they print the MA certificate. If this is the case the record may remain in this status until the payment has been received. You will need to contact the CB to discuss when payment will need to be made.
This means that the CB is not satisfied that all of the components within the Modern Apprenticeship Certificate claim have been successfully completed by the apprentice. The reason for the rejection will be within the status tab and an email is automatically sent to you and the centre admin user.
• The Rejected tab allows you to view all of the Apprentices that have been rejected for certification, by the Certification Body. The number in brackets on the tab indicates the number of Apprentices that are currently in this category.
• To view a rejected Apprentice, double click on their name and their record will open.
• Click on the Status Tab and the Status History will be displayed.
• Click on Rejected Request and the reason for, and date of rejection will be recorded.
• Once changes have been made return to the Status tab.
• You are able to add additional comments to the rejection history in the comment box and select Add Comment before navigating away from the page.
• Once the changes have been made, re-submit the apprentice in the Status tab.
if you have any questions regarding the rejection, you will need to contact the Certification Body.
• The Certificate Approved Tab allows you to view all of the Apprentices that have been authorised for certification and waiting for their certificate to be printed. The number in brackets on the tab indicates the number of Apprentices that are currently in this category.
Some CBs will require payment at this point and therefore certificates may not be printed until they have received payment.
Use the drop-down to select the number of Apprentices to print (up to maximum of 100).
• Select Print View to print the list view of the selected number of Apprentices
• Select the Export All button to export the apprentices listed on screen. This will open as an Excel spread sheet.
It is only possible to export a list of up to a maximum of 100 apprentices at one time. You can export more by scrolling through the various pages of your apprentice list but each export command will create a separate excel/CSV file.
At the bottom of the MA Online 2 home page you will see the Organisation Details link. This is where you can access reports from MA Online 2.
• Click on the Reports tab and use the drop down menus to select the information you would like detailed in the report.
• Click Download Report and this will open a CSV file for you to download. This can then be opened in MS Excel and standard functionality such as sorting and filtering can be applied.